Wednesday 14 May 2014

Today I am on Day 7 of my Sugar Detox. 





I feel really good. I did not get withdrawal headaches, or any other symptoms. I have only had mild cravings for carby foods. I have not felt like I was starving. And actually, since I am eating a really good breakfast with protein, I am actually less hungry before lunch than usual. My mood has improved quite a lot. I feel a lot less irritable since I gave up sugar and flour. My energy has been better as well. That could be the weather too. It has been awesome out finally.

I have to admit though, real life snuck up on me and I had to cheat on Saturday. I went out with some awesome people for dinner, and the place seriously didn't even serve salad! I had to eat some sweet potatoes, drink some beers,  and a lovely new friend ordered me a belated b-day treat, so I didn't have the heart to deny it. My best friend is getting married this weekend, so I am sure I will be cheating again.

I am telling you this because I don't want anyone to think I am perfect with my nutrition every day. Sometimes you just have to eat the chocolate mouse with the salted caramel on top. I love food, and I fully admit that sometimes I am going to indulge in things that are not good for me. But I now have the basis of a healthy diet and I really had no problem going right back to it on Sunday.

It has been a lot easier than I thought it would be. I just keep the fridge stocked with fresh veggies, and the fruits that are on the plan, and I have nuts for healthy snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment